Definition of G:
- Chemical symbol for the element glucinum.
- Abbreviation for gram.
- The seventh letter and the fifth consonant of the English alphabet. It has two sounds; one hard or close, as before a, o, u, l, and r, as in gave, got, gut, glue, grow; and the other soft, like the letter j, before e and i, as gem and gibbet; though in a few words of German origin it is sounded hard before e and i, as in get and begin; and generally when the g is doubled, as in dagger, & c. It is silent in some words, as benign, condign. As a numeral, G was anciently used to denote 400, and, with a dash over it, 40, 000. In music, it is the mark of the treble clef; and, from its being placed at the head, or marking the first sound in Gnido's scale, the whole scale took the name gamut, from gamma, the Greek name of the letter.
d, double flat, dime, air resistance, beat, attraction, R, are, capillary action, M, aitch, crown, chord, area, cu., dinar, absorbance, crotchet, AUD, bushel, acre, rating, ABC's, euro, amplitude, balance, grand, BMI, 15, rate, e, c, h, centrifugal force, 12, cent, bit, K, do, cubic, b, a, calorific, PG, bass, bonding, ct., dollar, centripetal force, carat, f, 18, centigram.
Google Ngram Viewer results for G:
This graph shows how "G" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for G:
It's rustlers, by G- d! "Hopalong Cassidy" , Clarence E. Mulford.
Quotes for G:
Rhymes for G:
- ab, andree, apc, appointee, atp, b, banshee, bbc, be, bea, bee, bibi, blea, bourgeoisie, brea, bree, brie, bt, bui, c, c3, cac, capri, cat-3, cc, cd, chablis, chea, chee, cie, cod, conferee, crea, cree, curie, cxc, cyb, d, ddt, de, dea, debris, decree, dee, degree, deportee, designee, detainee, devotee, disagree, draftee, dsv, dundee, dupree, eap, ee, emcee, enlistee, enrollee, escapee, esprit, fee, fi, flea, flee, fop, foresee, franchisee, free, fsi, ged, gee, ghee, glee, goatee, guarani, guarantee, guaranty, gutsy, gyi, he, hee, henri, honoree, ib, id, indri, inductee, internee, ip, jaycee, je, jee, jessee, ji, jie, jubilee, kea, kee, key, khe, ki, klee, knee, kyi, lavie, lea, lee, leigh, lessee, li, licensee, loree, louie, lp, lsd, lxi, m3, magee, marie, markee, marquee, marquis, mc, mcgee, mcghee, me, mea, mee, mi, mit, mme, mpg, mt, musee, nabil, ne, nee, nestle, nghi, nic, nie, njt, nominee, oad, odp, ofc, ot, oversea, p, parolee, pattee, pawnee, pea, plea, potpourri, pree, pri, prix, qi, quai, quay, qui, ranee, ravi, rb, re, rea, ree, referee, repartee, resignee, retiree, rosalee, rosemarie, rupee, sci, se, sea, see, sep, she, sheree, shi, shri, si, sie, sightsee, ski, slee, smee, snee, spie, spree, sri, syp, sze, t, te, tea, tee, tenn, tennessee, the, thee, thi, thierry, three, ti, trainee, tree, trustee, tse, tv, tyree, undersea, v, valoree, ve, vee, vendee, vi, waikiki, we, wee, whoopee, xi, xie, yangtze, ye, yee, yi, yie, yippee, z, ze, zea, zee.
- abee, ac, achee, adee, agree, albee, alee.
- absentee, abt, addressee, adoptee, adoree, amc, amputee.
- geac, hnat, interviewee, irit, knbc, lapd.
- How to spell G?
- Correct spelling of G.
- Spell check G.
- How do u spell G?