Definition of address:
Common misspellings for address:
- adress (76%)
- addres (8%)
- addess (2%)
Google Ngram Viewer results for address:
This graph shows how "address" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for address:
To accost is to speak first, to friend or stranger, generally with a view to opening conversation; greet is not so distinctly limited, since one may return another's greeting; greet and hail may imply but a passing word; greeting may be altogether silent; to hail is to greet in a loud- voiced and commonly hearty and joyous way, as appears in the expression " hail fellow, well met." To salute is to greet with special token of respect, as a soldier his commander. To apostrophize is to solemnly address some person or personified attribute apart from the audience to whom one is speaking; as, a preacher may apostrophize virtue, the saints of old, or even the Deity. To appeal is strictly to call for some form of help or support. Address is slightly more formal than accost or greet, though it may often be interchanged with them. One may address another at considerable length or in writing; he accosts orally and briefly.
Quotes for address:
Rhymes for address:
- abs, bess, bless, ches, chess, cress, crests, dress, es, ess, esse, fess, fests, gess, gless, guess, guests, hess, hesse, jess, kess, les, less, mess, nes, ness, pless, press, ques, ress, s, stress, tess, tress, vess, wes, yes.
- abts, adss, cmos, hces, nevertheless, stds, tcas, ws.
- acquiesce, ccs, coalesce, convalesce, cps, cus, dispossess, dss, ers, ins, las, lcs, nonetheless, oas, pos, reassess, reinvests, repossess, uss, uys.
- aggress, assess, attests, caress, compress, confess, contests, depress, digests, digress, distress, divests, egress, ellesse, etess, excess, express, finesse, fluoresce, fs, impress, infests, invests, largesse, ls, molests, noblesse, obsess, oppress, possess, profess, progress, protests, recess, redress, regress, repress, requests, retests, success, suggests, suppress, transgress, ts, undress, unless, vs.
Idioms for address:
- How to spell address?
- Correct spelling of address.
- Spell check address.
- How do u spell address?