Definition of afghan:
- of or relating to or characteristic of Afghanistan or its people
- a blanket knitted or crocheted in strips or squares; sometimes used as a shawl
- a coat made of sheepskin
- a native or inhabitant of Afghanistan
- tall graceful breed of hound with a long silky coat; native to the Near East
- an Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan and Pakistan; the official language of Afghanistan
- A native of Afghanistan.
- A kind of worsted blanket or wrap.
Common misspellings for afghan:
- afgan (75%)
- afgahn (8%)
- aghan (4%)
- afhan (3%)
- fgh (2%)
Examples of usage for afghan:
But as Berdurani is a geographical, or political, rather than a tribual designation; as it is the name by which the north- eastern Afghans were known to the Moghuls; and as it is equivalent to such an expression as Western or Eastern Highlander, rather than to names so specific as Campbell or MacDonald, it may be excluded from the true Afghan affiliations. "The Ethnology of the British Colonies and Dependencies" , Robert Gordon Latham.