Definition of ally:
Common misspellings for ally:
- noble, bright, famous; man's defender; noble, exalted
Ally as a girl's name is a variant of Alberta (Old German), Alexandra (Greek), Alice (Old German), Alison (Old German) and Allie, and the meaning of Ally is "noble, bright, famous; man's defender; noble, exalted".
- Elly, Alli, Alle, Alla, Alley, Aley.
Google Ngram Viewer results for ally:
This graph shows how "ally" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for ally:
Quotes for ally:
Rhymes for ally:
- ai, ay, aye, bae, bi, bligh, bly, brye, buy, by, bye, cai, chae, chai, chi, cry, cy, dai, die, dry, dye, eye, fae, fi, fly, flye, fry, frye, fye, gae, guy, gyi, hi, high, hy, jai, kai, keye, kwai, kyi, lai, lie, lxi, ly, lye, mai, mei, my, ngai, nie, nigh, nye, pae, phi, phy, pi, pie, ply, pri, pry, psi, pty, pye, rye, sai, sci, shai, shy, sigh, sky, sly, spry, spy, sri, sty, sy, tae, tai, thai, thigh, thy, tie, try, tsai, ty, tye, vi, vie, vy, wai, why, wry, wy, wye, yie.
- alai, apply, awry, belie, bonsai, brunei, bye-bye, comply, decry, defy, deny, descry, dubai, good-bye, goodbye, hereby, hi-fi, imai, imply, iwai, july, kanai, mcfly, mihai, nearby, rely, reply, retry, shanghai, standby, supply, thereby, untie, uy, versailles, whereby.
- cspi, isty, oversupply.
- dui, misapply, overfly, resupply, underlie.
Idioms for ally:
- How to spell ally?
- Correct spelling of ally.
- Spell check ally.
- How do u spell ally?