Google Ngram Viewer results for appointees:
This graph shows how "appointees" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for appointees:
Such a test was not inappropriate in the earlier days, when appointments were made by nomination and the object of the examination was simply to eliminate individual appointees who were unfit for their duties; but it was continued long after the system of open competition, with its crowd of eager young candidates almost devoid of actual commercial training, had brought in a very different state of things. "The Government of England (Vol. I)" , A. Lawrence Lowell.
Quotes for appointees:
And what does reward virtue? You think the communist commissar rewards virtue? You think a Hitler rewards virtue? You think, excuse me, if you'll pardon me, American presidents reward virtue? Do they choose their appointees on the basis of the virtue of the people appointed or on the basis of their political clout? - Milton Friedman
Rhymes for appointees:
- absentees, amputees, annamese, balinese, cantonese, ccs, conferees, designees, detainees, devotees, disagrees, enlistees, enrollees, escapees, expertise, franchisees, guarantees, guaranties, honorees, inductees, internees, japanese, javanese, journalese, licensees, nepalese, nominees, overseas, referees, retirees, returnees, siamese, sinhalese, sudanese, taiwanese, timorese.
- abts, indochinese, interviewees, stds.
- agrees, andries, appease, aziz, belize, burmese, cadiz, cds, chemise, chinese, decrees, degrees, disease, displease, draftees, foresees, jaycees, lessees, louise, maltese, ortiz, pawnees, reprise, rupees, scorsese, trainees, trapeze, trustees, unease.
- beas, bees, bes, breese, breeze, cees, cheese, crees, deas, dees, deis, ease, fees, feese, fleas, flees, frees, freeze, friese, frieze, geez, gies, glees, hees, jeez, keas, kees, keyes, keys, knees, leas, lees, liese, mease, mees, meis, neas, nees, neese, neis, peas, pease, pleas, please, preis, reas, rees, reis, saez, seas, sees, seize, she's, sies, skis, sleaze, sneeze, sprees, squeeze, teas, tease, tees, these, threes, trees, vees, wheeze, z's.
- How to spell appointees?
- Correct spelling of appointees.
- Spell check appointees.
- How do u spell appointees?