Definition of bass:
- To sound in a deep tone.
- Low, deep, grave.
- Low in value, or worth, or origin, or station, or spirit; worthless; mean; deep- toned, grave, commonly written bass.
- The foundation on which a thing stands or rests, as, the base of a pillar; the broad part of anything, as the bottom of a cone; the place from which racers or tilters start; an old game, still extant; the lowest side of a figure on which it is supposed to stand; a fortified line from which the operations of an army proceed; that with which an acid unites to form a salt; the lowest or gravest part, whether vocal or instrumental.
- To found; to lay the base or foundation of; to set or place.
- A perch of several species; the American linden- tree, called also bass- wood; the inner bark of this tree; matting made of it.
- The lowest part in the harmony of a musical composition.
- A bitter ale, so called from the brewer.
- To take the bass part. See Base.
Bass as a boy's name.
- Boas, Bazz, Baz, Boase.
Google Ngram Viewer results for bass:
This graph shows how "bass" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for bass:
Quotes for bass:
Rhymes for bass:
- abase, alas, alsace, amass, apace, contrasts, debase, deface, disgrace, displace, efface, forecasts, harass, impasse, morass, repass, surpass, umass.
- ace, base, brace, bras, brass, caisse, cas, case, cass, cayce, chace, chase, chasse, class, crass, dace, das, dass, embrace, encase, erase, face, fahs, fass, gas, gass, glace, glas, glass, grace, gras, grass, hass, heyse, incase, jass, kass, klas, klass, kras, lace, lambastes, lass, last, mace, mass, masse, misplace, nace, nass, pace, pass, pasts, place, plas, race, ras, replace, retrace, sas, sass, sasse, space, tass, thrace, trace, vase, vass, wace.
- How to spell bass?
- Correct spelling of bass.
- Spell check bass.
- How do u spell bass?