Definition of bat:
- To To wink. wink.
- A heavy stick or club; a thick broad piece of wood, with a round handle, used to strike the ball in cricket; a batman; shale, or bituminous shale; a sheet of cotton prepared for quilting; a piece of brick.
- A mammiferous animal with a body like a mouse, and a pair of membranes which, commencing at the sides of the neck and extending between the front feet and toes, form wings that enable it to take short flights with great rapidity. It is nocturnal, feeds on insects, & c., and lies torpid during the winter.
- To wield a bat at cricket.
Google Ngram Viewer results for bat:
This graph shows how "bat" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for bat:
Quotes for bat:
Rhymes for bat:
- at, batt, blatt, brat, bratt, cat, catt, chat, dat, fat, flat, gat, gatt, gnat, hat, hatt, kat, katt, krat, lat, mat, matt, matte, nat, pat, patt, platt, platte, pratt, rat, sat, scat, slat, spat, splat, stat, tat, that, vat.
- at-bat, begat, combat, cravat, elat, landsat, nonfat, sadat.
- gujarat, inmarsat, rat-a-tat.
- How to spell bat?
- Correct spelling of bat.
- Spell check bat.
- How do u spell bat?