Definition of cade:
Common misspellings for cade:
- cade (100%)
- round, lumpish; cask
Cade as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Cade), is of Old English and Old French origin, and the meaning of Cade is "round, lumpish; cask". Transferred use of the surname, which was originally a nickname. Literary: name of a character in Margaret Mitchell's novel "Gone with the Wind" (1936).
- Related names:
- Quade, Cato, Cody, Codie, Codey, Gad, Gadi, Gide.
- Kayde, Caide, Caden, Kade, Kaden.
Google Ngram Viewer results for cade:
This graph shows how "cade" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for cade:
283, 330 Cade, John, iii. "History of the English People, Index" , John Richard Green.
But the supream power, and the management of all things, must be wholly in their Party, as it was in Watt Tyler, and Jack Cade of famous memory, when they had got a King into their possession: for this Party, will never think his Majesty their own, till they have him as safe, as they had his Father. "His Majesties Declaration Defended" , John Dryden.
Rhymes for cade:
- abrade, afraid, allayed, arcade, arrayed, betrayed, blockade.
- ade, aid, aide, bade, bayed, blade, braid, brayed, brigade, brocade, buffeted, cascade, charade, cliched, conveyed, crocheted, crusade, dade, decade, decayed, degrade, delayed, dismayed, displayed, dissuade, evade, eyde, fade, fayed, filleted, flayed, forbade, frayed, gade, glade, grade, granade, grayed, grenade, hade, haid, handmade, home-made, homemade, invade, jade, kade, kincaid, lade, laid, made, maid, manmade, mislaid, obeyed, okayed, outweighed, overstayed, paid, palisade, parade, payed, persuade, pervade, played, portrayed, prayed, prepaid, preyed, promenade, quade, raid, rayed, remade, repaid, replayed, sauteed, schade, serenade, shade, slade, spade, spaid, spayed, sprayed, stade, staid, stayed, strayed, suede, surveyed, swayed, they'd, tirade, trade, unafraid, underpaid, underplayed, unmade, unpaid, unswayed, upbraid, upgrade, usaid, wade, waid, waide, weighed, zaid.
- colonnade, disobeyed, lemonade, masquerade, overpaid, overplayed.
- How to spell cade?
- Correct spelling of cade.
- Spell check cade.
- How do u spell cade?