Table of Contents
Language:English - United States Change
- Austria - German
- Belarus - Belarusian
- Catalan - Valencian
- Danish - Dansk
- Dutch - Nederlands
- English - Australia
- English - Canada
- English - United Kingdom
- English - United States
- France - Breton
- French - Français
- German - Deutsch
- German Switzerland - Schweizerdeutsch
- Greek - Ελληνικά
- Iran - Persian
- Italian - Italiano
- Philippines - Tagalog
- Polish - Polski
- Portuguese - Português
- Portuguese Brazil - Português
- Portuguese - Angola
- Portuguese - Moçambique
- Romanian - Română
- Russian - Русский
Enter your text below and click here to check the spelling
What are the misspellings for Calhoun?
What are the common typos for Calhoun?
the narrow woods
Calhoun as a boy's name is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Calhoun is "the narrow woods". Place name. John Calhoun was a 19th-century American statesman, Vice President under Andrew Jackson, whose writings and ideas on states' rights contributed heavily to the Southern states' formation of the Confederacy.
Google Ngram Viewer results for Calhoun:
This graph shows how "Calhoun" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
What are the usage examples for Calhoun?
What are the quotes for Calhoun?
What are the rhymes for Calhoun?
- croon, swoon, goon, kuhn, spoon, prune, coon, loon, hewn, poon, tune, dune, noon, kroon, boone, boon, toon, moon, soon, roone, strewn, june;
- cancun, raccoon, lampoon, baboon, maroon, galloon, cocoon, pontoon, harpoon, rangoon, tycoon, commune, attune, saloon, bethune, immune, bassoon, platoon, impugn, cardoon, typhoon, monsoon, cartoon, balloon, buffoon, festoon, lagoon;
- picayune, afternoon, opportune;
- contrabassoon, inopportune;