Definition of clap:
- The venereal disease.
- 1. A sharp slapping sound. 2. Gonorrhea.
- A noise made by the collision of flat surfaces; a sudden act or motion; a burst of sound, particularly of thunder; an act of applause; the nether part of the beat of a hawk. To clap up, to make hastily; to imprison hastily or with informality.
- To strike with a quick motion lightly or heavily, generally with something fiat; to thrust or drive together suddenly; to shut hastily; to put or place suddenly or hastily; to applaud by striking the hands together.
- To infect with it.
- To move or drive together suddenly with noise; to strike the hands together in applause.
Google Ngram Viewer results for clap:
This graph shows how "clap" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for clap:
Quotes for clap:
Rhymes for clap:
Idioms for clap:
- How to spell clap?
- Correct spelling of clap.
- Spell check clap.
- How do u spell clap?