Spell Check of clap
Correct spelling: clap
Definition of clap:
1) clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
2) a sudden very loud noise
3) a sharp abrupt noise as if two objects hit together; may be repeated
4) cause to strike the air in flight; " The big bird clapped its wings"
5) a common venereal disease caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae; symptoms are painful urination and pain around the urethra
6) clap one's hands together; " The children were clapping to the music"
7) strike with the flat of the hand; usually in a friendly way, as in encouragement or greeting
8) put quickly or forcibly; " The judge clapped him in jail"
9) strike together so as to produce a sharp percussive noise; " clap two boards together"
10) strike the air in flight; " the wings of the birds clapped loudly"
12) To strike; to slap; to strike, or strike together, with a quick motion, so, as to make a sharp noise; as, to clap one's hands; a clapping of wings.
13) To manifest approbation of, by striking the hands together; to applaud; as, to clap a performance.
14) To express contempt or derision.
15) To knock, as at a door.
16) To strike the hands together in applause.
17) To come together suddenly with noise.
18) To talk noisily; to chatter loudly.
19) A loud noise made by sudden collision; a bang.
20) A burst of sound; a sudden explosion.
21) A single, sudden act or motion; a stroke; a blow.
22) A striking of hands to express approbation.
23) The nether part of the beak of a hawk.
24) To thrust, drive, put, or close, in a hasty or abrupt manner; - often followed by to, into, on, or upon.
25) To enter with alacrity and briskness; - with to or into.
Common misspellings for clap:
- clapp (82%)
- clab (9%)
- cla (9%)
Misspellings percentages are collected from over 15,411,110 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.