Definition of coal:
- A piece of wood or other combustible substance, ignited, burning, or charred; a solid opaque combustible substance of vegetable origin found, in the earth, and extensively used for fuel.
- To burn to coal or charcoal; to mark or delineate with charcoal.
- To take in coal. To blow the coals, to stir up strife. To haul over the coals, to take one to task; to reprimand. To carry coals to Newcastle, to lose one's labour.
Common misspellings for coal:
Google Ngram Viewer results for coal:
This graph shows how "coal" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for coal:
Quotes for coal:
Coal companies have a lot of power in the media, and unfortunately a lot of information doesn't get out. - Kevin Richardson
Rhymes for coal:
- bole, boll, bowl, buol, cole, colle, dhole, dole, droll, foal, goal, hole, knoll, kohl, kol, kole, mole, noell, nohl, nole, noll, ohl, pohl, pole, poll, roehl, rol, role, roll, rolle, scroll, seoul, shoal, skoal, sohl, sol, sole, soul, sowle, stol, stole, stroll, thole, tole, toll, troll, whole, wohl.
- cajole, console, control, ecole, enroll, extol, nicole, nicolle, ole, parole, patrol, pistole, unroll, viole.
- decontrol, self-control.
- How to spell coal?
- Correct spelling of coal.
- Spell check coal.
- How do u spell coal?