Definition of cold:
- 1. The opposite of heat; the sensation produced by anything of a low temperature, or by the abstraction of heat from the body. 2. A catarrhal affection, especially of the respiratory mucous membranes.
- Not warm or hot; causing coldness or the sensation of cold; shivering; wanting passion, zeal, or ardour; unaffected; spiritless; not affectionate, cordial, or friendly; unconcerned; indifferent; reserved; chaste; not hasty; not violent; not affecting the scent strongly.
- The sensation produced in animal bodies by the abstraction of heat; the cause of that sensation; privation of heat; indisposition occasioned by cold; catarrh.
Common misspellings for cold:
cols, colu, cald, colh, cold, coald, colde, colld, colod, coldm, coild, colr, cole, coll, col, chille, unhearted, colud, cuold, colf, coldt, kold, colded, coled, cood, codl, coyld, dold, cild, cld, coold, palit, od.
Google Ngram Viewer results for cold:
Examples of usage for cold:
Quotes for cold:
Rhymes for cold:
- ahold, behold, cajoled, consoled, controlled, enfold, enrolled, extolled, foretold, outsold, paroled, patrolled, remold, resold, twofold, unfold, unsold, untold, uphold, withhold.
- bold, bowled, dold, doled, fold, gold, golde, hold, holde, holed, mold, mould, nold, nolde, old, olde, poled, polled, roald, rolled, scold, sold, strolled, told, tolled, vold, wold.
- decontrolled, oversold, uncontrolled, undersold.
Idioms for cold:
- How to spell cold?
- Correct spelling of cold.
- Spell check cold.
- How do u spell cold?