Definition of contagious:
- ( of disease) capable of being transmitted by infection
- easily diffused or spread as from one person to another; " a contagious grin"
- of or relating to communicable diseases; " by the road to the contagious hospital"
- Communicable by contact, by a virus, or by a bodily exhalation; catching; as, a contagious disease.
- Conveying or generating disease; pestilential; poisonous; as, contagious air.
- Spreading or communicable from one to another; exciting similar emotions or conduct in others.
Common misspellings for contagious:
- contageous (40%)
- contagous (19%)
- contagiouse (4%)
- contaigous (3%)
- contagiuos (3%)
- contangious (2%)
- contagoius (2%)
Examples of usage for contagious:
No wonder, then, that his downcast face presented a striking contrast to that of the enthusiastic boy as they stood on the deck together; and, influenced by the other's contagious confidence, he brightened a little before continuing.