Definition of dawn:
Common misspellings for dawn:
- the first appearance of light, daybreak
Dawn as a girl's name is pronounced dornn. It is of Old English origin, and the meaning of Dawn is "the first appearance of light, daybreak". Modern use of the word for a name. The Latin term Aurora dates back about 1500 years, but Dawn first appeared in the late 1920s. Opera singer Dawn Upshaw; comedian Dawn French; basketball player Dawn Staley.
- Related names:
- Tawna, Dagny, Dagne, Dagna, Daina, Dana, Dayne, Dayna, Danna, Dane, Daena, Dany, Danny, Danni, Dani, Deann, Dyann, Dyan, Diann, Dian, Danne, Dion, Deon, Dahna, Tawny, Tawni.
- Dwan, Adawna, Dawna, Dawne, Dawnelle, Dawnetta, Dawnette, Dawnielle, Dawnika, Dawnita, Dawnyelle, Dawnysia, Dowan, Duwan.
Google Ngram Viewer results for dawn:
This graph shows how "dawn" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for dawn:
Quotes for dawn:
Rhymes for dawn:
- adon, amon, bardon, cardon, caron, exon, garon, manon, miron, peron, pilon, predawn, quinton, rabon, redrawn, vardon, verdon, withdrawn.
- aleron, amadon, dorion, madelon, overdrawn, undergone.
- aune, braun, brawn, daun, drawn, faun, fawn, flawn, gone, laun, lawn, pawn, prawn, quan, sean, shaun, shawn, vaughan, vaughn, von, yaun, yawn, zon.
Idioms for dawn:
- How to spell dawn?
- Correct spelling of dawn.
- Spell check dawn.
- How do u spell dawn?