Definition of dead:
- Bringing death; deadly.
- 1. Without life. 2. Numb.
- Having ceased to live; without life; death like; still or motionless as death; blank; sure as death; useless; unprofitable; unreal; dull; tasteiess; vapid; deep; not acting; spiritless; without spiritual life, or the principle of Christian life; cut off from the rights of a citizen; not glossy; not gay or bright. The dead, dead men. Dead language, a language which is no longer spoken, and known only in writings, as the Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. Dead- lock, a complete standstill from complication.
- The time when things are most still or dead; those dead.
Common misspellings for dead:
Google Ngram Viewer results for dead:
This graph shows how "dead" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for dead:
Quotes for dead:
Rhymes for dead:
- abed, adread, ahead, behead, embed, imbed, instead, misled, purebred.
- bed, bled, bread, bred, dread, dred, ed, fed, fled, fred, freda, ged, head, jed, lead, led, med, ned, pled, read, reade, red, redd, retread, said, shed, shred, sled, sped, spread, stead, swed, ted, thread, tread, unread, unsaid, unwed, wed, wedd, widespread, zed.
- biomed, infrared, interbred, overfed, overhead, thoroughbred.
Idioms for dead:
- How to spell dead?
- Correct spelling of dead.
- Spell check dead.
- How do u spell dead?