Enter your text below and click here to search
Language:English - United States Change
- Austria - German
- Belarus - Belarusian
- Catalan - Valencian
- Danish - Dansk
- Dutch - Nederlands
- English - Australia
- English - Canada
- English - United Kingdom
- English - United States
- English - GB
- English - New Zealand
- France - Breton
- French - Français
- German - Deutsch
- German Switzerland - Schweizerdeutsch
- Greek - Ελληνικά
- Iran - Persian
- Italian - Italiano
- Philippines - Tagalog
- Polish - Polski
- Poland - Kashubian
- Portuguese - Português
- Portuguese Brazil - Português
- Portuguese - Angola
- Portuguese - Moçambique
- Romanian - Română
- Russian - Русский
- Slovak - Slovenčina
Table of Contents
What are the misspellings for devotees?
Google Ngram Viewer results for devotees:
This graph shows how "devotees" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
What are the usage examples for devotees?
Thither in the ripeness of the year trooped the devotees of the sable goddess to perform sacrifice; and annually among them the beautiful Livia, the Countess of Fleetwood; for nowhere else had she sensation of the perfect repose which is rocked to a slumber by gales. – The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith by George Meredith
Among the American Indians scarlet, or red, is the color which stands for sacrifices or for sacrificial blood in all their picture- painting; and the shrine, or tunkan, which continues to have its devotees 'is painted red, as a sign of active or living worship. – The Eliminator; or, Skeleton Keys to Sacerdotal Secrets by Richard B. Westbrook
In the religious life of the colonists, this transition made itself felt not alone in the character of its devotees but in the ecclesiastical system itself, as it changed from the polity and practice embodied in the Cambridge Platform to that of a later day, and to the almost Presbyterian government expressed in the Saybrook Platform of 1708. The transition in Massachusetts, in both secular and religious development, varied greatly from that in Connecticut. – The Development of Religious Liberty in Connecticut by M. Louise Greene, Ph. D.
What are the quotes for devotees?
What are the rhymes for devotees?
- seas, mease, neas, nees, breeze, seize, squeeze, flees, dees, teas, sees, threes, sies, these, deis, geez, sleaze, sneeze, please, pease, deas, skis, frees, lees, kees, reis, trees, tease, keys, bes, fees, pleas, neis, peas, preis, keyes, leas, she's, keas, freeze, glees, rees, gies, meis, liese, vees, frieze, saez, crees, ease, breese, neese, reas, tees, z's, sprees, beas, mees, bees, cheese, friese, knees, jeez, wheeze, hees, fleas, feese, cees;
- displease, pawnees, disease, cds, reprise, louise, chinese, andries, trustees, agrees, lessees, appease, rupees, burmese, unease, belize, chemise, degrees, decrees, aziz, jaycees, ortiz, scorsese, foresees, cadiz, maltese, trainees, draftees, trapeze;
- referees, nepalese, ccs, sinhalese, retirees, guarantees, balinese, javanese, expertise, guaranties, japanese, journalese, annamese, inductees, timorese, cantonese, franchisees, appointees, honorees, absentees, escapees, enlistees, designees, siamese, nominees, conferees, disagrees, taiwanese, licensees, amputees, returnees, internees, sudanese, detainees, overseas, enrollees;
- stds, interviewees, indochinese, abts;