Definition of fail:
- Omission; failure.
- To desert; to disappoint; to cease or neglect to afford aid, supply, or strength; to be wanting to; not to perform.
- To become deficient; to cease to be abundant; to be wanting in; to decay; to sink; to become weaker; to be entirely wanting; to cease; to perish; to die; not to produce the effect; to miscarry; to be neglectful; to become insolvent or bankrupt.
Common misspellings for fail:
dail, fal, fai, faile, faile, faily, failer, failer, fiel, faild, failor, failor, fial, failler, failler, faill, fil, fil, fatil, fatil, fali, feil, feil, faulter, faulter, faila, fauil, feliure, failt, forfail, failyer, failyer, fael.
Google Ngram Viewer results for fail:
Examples of usage for fail:
Quotes for fail:
Half the pictures directed by men of reputation fail. - Carroll O'Connor
Rhymes for fail:
- ail, ale, bail, bale, balle, braille, cail, cale, calle, crail, dail, daile, dale, dayle, flail, frail, gael, gail, gaile, gale, gayle, grail, hail, haile, hale, jail, kael, kail, kale, mail, maile, male, nail, nale, pail, pale, quail, quale, rael, rail, raile, reil, sail, sale, salle, scale, shale, snail, stale, tail, tale, they'll, trail, vail, vaile, vale, veil, wail, wale, whale, yale, zale.
- ancell, assail, avail, bewail, cadell, capell, cardell, carrell, carvell, curtail, derail, detail, dorrell, entail, exhale, gorrell, impale, inhale, jarrell, jerrell, lavell, levell, marcell, mikael, mikhail, prevail, surveil, tirrell, travail, unveil, verrell.
- avenell, averell, deverell.
- How to spell fail?
- Correct spelling of fail.
- Spell check fail.
- How do u spell fail?