Definition of flat:
- 1. Of even plane surface. 2. Without resonance and of low pitch, said of a percussion note. 3. Insipid, without flavor; not effervescent.
- Having an even surface; level; without, or with but a moderate, inclination; prostrate; laid low; ruined; wanting relief or prominence of the figures; insipid; dull; without point or spirit; depressed; dejected; unpleasing; peremptory; absolute; not sharp; low, as the prices of goods, or dull, as sales.
- A level plain; a tract lying at a small depth under water; a shoal or shallow; the broad flat side of anything; depression of thought or language; a boat, broad and flat- bottomed; a hat made of straw braid with a low crown and broad brim; one who is easily duped; a mark of depression in sound, thus which lowers a note a semitone; that part of the covering of a house which is laid horizontally and usually covered with lead or other material; in building, a floor in a house.
- To flatten; to make vapid or tasteless; to make dull or unammated; to depress.
- To grow flat; to become insipid or dull; to depress the voice.
Common misspellings for flat:
Google Ngram Viewer results for flat:
This graph shows how "flat" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for flat:
Quotes for flat:
Rhymes for flat:
- at, bat, batt, blatt, brat, bratt, cat, catt, chat, dat, fat, gat, gatt, gnat, hat, hatt, kat, katt, krat, lat, mat, matt, matte, nat, pat, patt, platt, platte, pratt, rat, sat, scat, slat, spat, splat, stat, tat, that, vat.
- at-bat, begat, combat, cravat, elat, landsat, nonfat, sadat.
- gujarat, inmarsat, rat-a-tat.
- How to spell flat?
- Correct spelling of flat.
- Spell check flat.
- How do u spell flat?