Definition of hand:
- Manus, the terminal portion of the upper extremity below the forearm, comprising the carpus, metacarpus, and phalanges.
- The extremity of the human arm, consisting of the palm and fingers; a measure of four inches; side part, right or left; performance; workmanship; power of performance; skill; manner of acting or performance; agency; possession; power; the cards held at a game; an index, or that which performs the office of the hand or of a finger in pointing; a man employed in a workshop or on board ship; style of penmanship.
- To give with the hand; to lead; to conduct; to furl, as a sail. To hand down, to transmit in succession. At hand, near; not distant. In hand, present payment; in a state of execution. On hand, in present possession; under one's care or management. Off hand, without delay or difficulty; dexterously; without previous preparation. Out of hand, ready payment, with regard to the payer; at once; directly. To his hand, to my hand, & c., in readiness; already prepared. Under his hand, under her hand, & c., with the proper writing or signature of the name. Hand over head, negligently; rashly. Hand over hand, by passing the bands alternately one before or above another. Hand to hand, in close fight, in close union. Hand in hand, in union; conjointly. From hand to mouth, without provision beforehand. To join hand in hand, to unite efforts and act in concert. To live from hand to mouth, to obtain food and other necessaries as want requires. To bear in hand, to keep in expectation. To bear a hand, to hasten. To lend a hand, to give assistance. To be hand in glove, to be intimate and familiar. To set the hand to, or to take in hand, to undertake. To take one in hand, to lay hold of or deal with. To have a hand in, to be concerned in. Clean hands, a blameless life.
Common misspellings for hand:
har, hjand, hanbd, hond, ahnd, hsnd, handeled, han, ghand, hanf, heand, hande, haand, handl, thand, handit, handi, hane, hn, hend, handto, hanmd, habd, handoff, gand, handm, jand, hnad, handt, handly, chandu, 22and, fhand, handa, rhand, haed, jhand, ahdn, hadn, hund, hamd, hans, hnd, hannd, rund, shand, havd, hanad, harnd, ahand, haned, chanda, fand, handd, hhand.
Google Ngram Viewer results for hand:
Examples of usage for hand:
Quotes for hand:
Rhymes for hand:
- and, band, banned, bland, brand, brande, canned, chand, fanned, gland, grand, grande, land, lande, manned, panned, planned, rand, sand, sande, scanned, spanned, stand, strand, tanned.
- command, demand, disband, expand, fernand, firsthand, offhand, remand, unmanned, unplanned, withstand.
- meadowland, understand.
Idioms for hand:
- How to spell hand?
- Correct spelling of hand.
- Spell check hand.
- How do u spell hand?