Misspellings percentages are collected from over 15,411,110 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Spell Check of application
Correct spelling: application
Definition of application:
1) a program that gives a computer instructions that provide the user with tools to accomplish a task; " he has tried several different word processing applications"
2) a diligent effort; " it is a job requiring serious application"
3) the work of applying something; " the doctor prescribed a topical application of iodine"; " a complete bleach requires several applications"; " the surface was ready for a coating of paint";
4) the act of bringing something to bear; using it for a particular purpose; " he advocated the application of statistics to the problem"; " a novel application of electronics to medical diagnosis"
5) liquid preparation having a soothing or antiseptic or medicinal action when applied to the skin; " a lotion for dry skin"
6) a verbal or written request for assistance or employment or admission to a school; " December 31 is the deadline for applications"
7) The act of applying or laying on, in a literal sense; as, the application of emollients to a diseased limb.
8) The thing applied.
9) The act of applying as a means; the employment of means to accomplish an end; specific use.
10) The act of directing or referring something to a particular case, to discover or illustrate agreement or disagreement, fitness, or correspondence; as, I make the remark, and leave you to make the application; the application of a theory.
11) Hence, in specific uses: ( a) That part of a sermon or discourse in which the principles before laid down and illustrated are applied to practical uses; the " moral" of a fable. ( b) The use of the principles of one science for the purpose of enlarging or perfecting another; as, the application of algebra to geometry.
12) The capacity of being practically applied or used; relevancy; as, a rule of general application.
13) The act of fixing the mind or closely applying one's self; assiduous effort; close attention; as, to injure the health by application to study.
14) The act of making request of soliciting; as, an application for an office; he made application to a court of chancery.
15) A request; a document containing a request; as, his application was placed on file.
- aplication (23%)
- applicaiton (16%)
- applciation (5%)
- apllication (5%)
- applicaton (4%)
- appliction (4%)
- appication (3%)
- applaction (3%)
- applcation (3%)
- applacation (3%)