Definition of celestial:
- of heaven or the spirit; " celestial peace"; " ethereal melodies"; " the supernal happiness of a quiet death"
- relating to or inhabiting a divine heaven; " celestial beings"; " heavenly hosts"
- Belonging to the aerial regions, or visible heavens.
- Of or pertaining to the spiritual heaven; heavenly; divine.
- An inhabitant of heaven.
- A native of China.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of, the Chinese, or Celestial, Empire, of the Chinese people.
- A Chinaman; a Chinese.
Common misspellings for celestial:
- celestrial (56%)
- celstial (12%)
- celestual (7%)
- celetrial (5%)
- cellestial (5%)
- clestial (5%)
- celesital (5%)
- celestarl (5%)
Celestial \ce-les-tial, cel(e)-stial\
Celestial as a girl's name is a variant of Celeste (Latin), and the meaning of Celestial is "heavenly".
- Selestia, Celestia.
Examples of usage for celestial:
But the fact is this, that the reason of this knowledge is so various, so much information of all kinds enters into it, from information how to obtain iron up to the knowledge about movements of the celestial bodies, that man would be lost among all this varied information if he had no clew to help him to decide which of all these kinds of information is more important, and which less.