Spell Check of challenge
Correct spelling: challenge
Definition of challenge:
1) take exception to; " She challenged his claims"
2) a demand by a sentry for a password or identification
3) a formal objection to the selection of a particular person as a juror
4) a call to engage in a contest or fight
5) a demanding or stimulating situation; " they reacted irrationally to the challenge of Russian power"
6) raise a formal objection in a court of law
7) ask for identification; " The illegal immigrant was challenged by the border guard"
8) issue a challenge to; " Fischer challenged Spassky to a match"
9) questioning a statement and demanding an explanation; " his challenge of the assumption that Japan is still our enemy"
10) An invitation to engage in a contest or controversy of any kind; a defiance; specifically, a summons to fight a duel; also, the letter or message conveying the summons.
11) The act of a sentry in halting any one who appears at his post, and demanding the countersign.
12) A claim or demand.
13) The opening and crying of hounds at first finding the scent of their game.
14) An exception to a juror or to a member of a court martial, coupled with a demand that he should be held incompetent to act; the claim of a party that a certain person or persons shall not sit in trial upon him or his cause.
15) An exception to a person as not legally qualified to vote. The challenge must be made when the ballot is offered.
16) To call to a contest of any kind; to call to answer; to defy.
17) To call, invite, or summon to answer for an offense by personal combat.
18) To claim as due; to demand as a right.
19) To censure; to blame.
20) To take exception to; question; as, to challenge the accuracy of a statement or of a quotation.
21) To object to or take exception to, as to a juror, or member of a court.
22) To object to the reception of the vote of, as on the ground that the person in not qualified as a voter.
23) To assert a right; to claim a place.
24) To question or demand the countersign from ( one who attempts to pass the lines); as, the sentinel challenged us, with Who comes there?
Common misspellings for challenge:
- challange (56%)
- challege (8%)
- chalenge (7%)
- chalange (6%)
- challenege (3%)
- challeng (2%)
- challage (2%)
Misspellings percentages are collected from over 15,411,110 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.