Definition of chevalier:
Common misspellings for chevalier:
- horseman; knight
Chevalier as a boy's name is of French origin, and the meaning of Chevalier is "horseman; knight". A chevalier is a member of certain male orders of knighthood or merit, such as the Legion of Honor in France.
- Cheval, Chevall.
Google Ngram Viewer results for chevalier:
This graph shows how "chevalier" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for chevalier:
" Just to think of such a girl in such a spot," cried he to himself, as he walked alone, up and down the room; " beauty, grace, fascination,- all that can charm and attract; and then, such a nature, childlike in gayety, and chivalrous,- ay, chivalrous as a chevalier!" "The Martins Of Cro' Martin, Vol. II (of II)" , Charles James Lever.
Rhymes for chevalier:
- adhere, amir, appear, austere, career, cashier, dornier, emir, frontier, inhere, lanier, lazear, premier, premiere, rainier, rehear, revere, sameer, samir, severe, shamir, sincere, unclear, veneer, vizier, wazir, yasir, zahir, zaire.
- auctioneer, bandolier, belvedere, bombardier, brigadier, cavalier, chandelier, charpentier, commandeer, disappear, domineer, engineer, financier, gondolier, insincere, interfere, mutineer, overhear, pamphleteer, persevere, pioneer, profiteer, racketeer, reappear, rensselaer, souvenir, volunteer.
- beer, bere, blear, cheer, clear, cleere, cyr, dear, deer, deere, ear, fear, fier, fleer, frere, gear, geer, gere, gier, greer, hear, here, jeer, kear, kier, lear, leer, mear, meir, mere, mir, near, neer, nir, peer, pier, rear, sear, sere, shear, sheer, shere, smear, sneer, spear, speer, speir, sphere, stear, steer, tear, teer, veer, vere, we're, wier, year.
- conventioneer, electioneer, reengineer.
- How to spell chevalier?
- Correct spelling of chevalier.
- Spell check chevalier.
- How do u spell chevalier?