Definition of colorado:
- a state in west central United States in the Rocky Mountains
- a river in Texas; flows southeast into the Gulf of Mexico
- a river in southwestern United States; rises in the Rocky Mountains of northern Colorado and flows southwest through Utah into Arizona ( where it flows through the Grand Canyon) and then southward forming the border between California and Arizona and finally into Mexico where it empties into the Gulf of California; an important source of water in the southwestern United States
- Reddish; - often used in proper names of rivers or creeks.
- Medium in color and strength; - said of cigars.
Common misspellings for colorado:
- colorodo (23%)
- colarado (14%)
- colroado (7%)
- colordo (7%)
- colorada (6%)
- colrado (6%)
- coloardo (6%)
- colorad (5%)
- coloraod (3%)
- colordao (2%)
Examples of usage for colorado:
I have been many times in my life under very intense and long continued nervous strain; for example, during the Colorado coal strike, I led a public demonstration which kept me in a state of excitement all the day and a good part of the night several weeks. "The Book of Life: Vol. I Mind and Body; Vol. II Love and Society" , Upton Sinclair.