Definition of criticism:
- disapproval expressed by pointing out faults or shortcomings; " the senator received severe criticism from his opponent"
- a serious examination and judgment of something; " constructive criticism is always appreciated"
- a written evaluation of a work of literature
- The rules and principles which regulate the practice of the critic; the art of judging with knowledge and propriety of the beauties and faults of a literary performance, or of a production in the fine arts; as, dramatic criticism.
- The act of criticising; a critical judgment passed or expressed; a critical observation or detailed examination and review; a critique; animadversion; censure.
Common misspellings for criticism:
- critisism (33%)
- critisim (15%)
- critism (5%)
- critizism (5%)
- critisizm (3%)
- criticizm (3%)
- criticsm (3%)
- critisicm (2%)
Examples of usage for criticism:
It was not a criticism of you.