Definition of descent:
- The vaults or hollow places made by undermining the ground.
- The act of descending; downward slope; progress downward; fall from a higher to a lower state or station; invasion of troops from the sea; transmission by succession or inheritance; birth; a single degree in the scale of genealogy; descendants; lowest place; the motion of a body caused by the attraction of gravity; a passing from a note or sound to one more grave or less acute.
Common misspellings for descent:
- desent (70%)
- discent (7%)
- doesent (6%)
- desecent (3%)
- dessent (3%)
- deasent (2%)
- decsent (2%)
Examples of usage for descent:
Quotes for descent:
Rhymes for descent:
- accent, ascent, assent, augment, cement, consent, content.
- bendt, bent, bente, brent, cent, dement, dent, dente, dissent, event, extent, fent, ferment, gent, ghent, indent, intent, invent, kent, lament, lent, meant, mente, misspent, pent, percent, present, prevent, relent, rent, repent, represent, resent, scent, segment, sent, spent, stent, supplement, tashkent, tent, torment, trent, underwent, unsent, unspent, vent, went.
- circumvent, discontent, malcontent, nonevent, occident, overspent, reinvent.