Definition of disturbance:
- a noisy fight
- a disorderly outburst or tumult; " they were amazed by the furious disturbance they had caused"
- an unhappy and worried mental state; " there was too much anger and disturbance"; " she didn't realize the upset she caused me"
- the act of disturbing something or someone; setting something in motion
- activity that is an intrusion or interruption; " he looked around for the source of the disturbance"; " there was a disturbance of neural function"
- electrical or acoustic activity that can disturb communication
- ( psychiatry) a psychological disorder of thought or emotion; a more neutral term than mental illness
Common misspellings for disturbance:
- distrubance (38%)
- disturbence (15%)
- distubance (11%)
- disterbance (9%)
- distribance (4%)
- diturbance (3%)
Examples of usage for disturbance:
Suddenly the ceremony, which had been proceeding so auspiciously, was interrupted by an extraordinary disturbance that thoroughly startled every member of the visiting party save Mr. Paterson.