Definition of grate:
- A frame, composed of parallel or cross bars, with interstices; a frame of iron bars for holding fuel for a tire.
- To furnish with grating; to make fast with cross bars.
- To rub, as a body with a rough surface against another body; to make a harsh sound by the friction of rough bodies; to offend; to fret; to irritate.
- To rub hard, so as to offend; to make a harsh sound by frietion of rough bodies.
Common misspellings for grate:
- greate (29%)
- grat (29%)
- graet (14%)
- grete (5%)
- grayt (5%)
- grait (3%)
- garte (3%)
Examples of usage for grate:
Quotes for grate:
Rhymes for grate:
- abate, await, belate, berate, collate, conflate, create, debate, deflate, dictate, dilate, elate, equate, est, estate, gestate, inflate, innate, irate, kuwait, lightweight, misstate, negate, oblate, ornate, postdate, predate, prorate, reflate, relate, restate, sedate, translate, tri-state, update, upstate.
- ate, aydt, bait, bate, cate, chait, crate, date, eight, fait, fate, fete, freight, gait, gate, great, hait, hate, kate, late, mate, nate, pait, pate, plait, plate, prate, rait, rate, sate, skate, slate, spate, speight, state, straight, strait, streight, tait, taitt, tate, trait, wait, waite, wayt, weight.
- conjugate, desecrate, interstate, intrastate, overrate, overweight, procreate, reinstate, silverplate, solid-state, underrate.
- demodulate, interrelate, recriminate, remunerate.