Definition of grate:
- furnish with a grate; " a grated fireplace"
- a frame of iron bars to hold a fire
- a barrier that has parallel or crossed bars blocking a passage but admitting air
- a harsh rasping sound made by scraping something
- scratch repeatedly; " The cat scraped at the armchair"
- make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together; " grate one's teeth in anger"
- reduce to small shreds or pulverize by rubbing against a rough or sharp perforated surface; " grate carrots and onions"; " grate nutmeg"
- gnaw into; make resentful or angry; " The unjustice rankled her"; " his resentment festered"
Common misspellings for grate:
- grat (29%)
- greate (29%)
- graet (14%)
- grete (5%)
- grayt (5%)
- grait (3%)
- garte (3%)