Definition of guarantee:
- make certain of; " This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; " Preparation will guarantee success!"
- a written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications
- a pledge that something will happen or that something is true; " there is no guarantee that they are not lying"
- a collateral agreement to answer for the debt of another in case that person defaults
- give surety or assume responsibility; " I vouch for the quality of my products"
- promise to do or accomplish; " guarantee to free the prisoners"
- stand behind and guarantee the quality, accuracy, or condition of; " The dealer warrants all the cars he sells"; " I warrant this information"
- In law and common usage: to undertake or engage for the payment of ( a debt) or the performance of ( a duty) by another person; to undertake to secure ( a possession, right, claim, etc.) to another against a specified contingency, or at all avents; to give a guarantee concerning; to engage, assure, or secure as a thing that may be depended on; to warrant; as, to guarantee the execution of a treaty.
Common misspellings for guarantee:
- guarentee (26%)
- gaurantee (10%)
- gurantee (9%)
- garantee (8%)
- garuntee (8%)
- garentee (6%)
- gaurentee (6%)
- guarntee (3%)