Definition of guard:
- The Life- Guards. Advanced- guard or van- guard, a body of troops that march before an army or division, to prevent surprise or give notice of danger. Rear- guard, a body of troops that march in the rear of an army or division, for its protection. Life- guards, a body of select troops, whose duty is to defend the person of a prince; the elite of the army.
- Security or defence against attack or injury; a man or body of men on guard; a person in charge of a railway train or a coach; a watch- chain; a state of caution or vigilance, in order to prevent surprise or attack; part of the hilt of a sword, which protects the hand; a posture of defence.
- To defend or protect from danger or attack.
- To watch by way of caution; to be cautious.
Common misspellings for guard:
geurd, gurad, gaurds, goard, guad, gruard, guarde, gaurde, guaid, gauird, gruad, gurds, gaurd, guared, uard, grd, fuard, graud, gard, fguard, gurd, quard, gurard, gusrd, guerd, gueard, garud, gurde, gauard, garude, gaude.
Google Ngram Viewer results for guard:
Examples of usage for guard:
Quotes for guard:
Rhymes for guard:
- alard, archard, barnard, belgard, bernard, billard, bombard, burchard, burnard, byard, canard, disbarred, discard, fayard, gallard, gaspard, gerard, gillard, girard, godard, jarrard, menard, picard, regard, renard, rennard, ricard.
- ard, bard, barred, card, chard, charred, gard, garde, hard, jarred, lard, marred, nard, parde, scarred, shard, sparred, starred, sward, tarred, yard.
- avant-garde, disregard.
Idioms for guard:
- How to spell guard?
- Correct spelling of guard.
- Spell check guard.
- How do u spell guard?