Definition of honor:
- show respect towards; " honor your parents!"
- a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; " an award for bravery"
- bestow honor upon; " Today we honor our soldiers"
- a woman's virtue or chastity
- the quality of being honorable and having a good name; " a man of honor"
- the state of being honored
- accept as pay; " we honor checks and drafts"
- bestow honor or rewards upon; " Today we honor our soldiers"; " The scout was rewarded for courageus action"
- A title applied to the holders of certain honorable civil offices, or to persons of rank; as, His Honor the Mayor. See Note under Honorable.
Common misspellings for honor:
- honour (68%)
- honer (12%)
- honnor (8%)
- hounor (2%)