Definition of magnetic:
- Relating to a magnet; possessing magnetism.
- Pertaining to the magnet or magnetism; having the properties of the magnet; attractive. Magnetic battery, a combination of magnets with their poles similarly disposed. Magnetic equator, the line round the globe where the needle has no dip. Magnetic fluid, a fluid assumed to account for magnetism. Magnetic induction, power in a magnet of imparting its qualities to certain other substances. Magnetic meridian, the direction indicated by a freely suspended needle. Magnetic pole, the pole where the needle dips vertically.
- Any metal, as iron, nickel, cobalt, & c., which may receive the properties of the loadstone.
Common misspellings for magnetic:
Google Ngram Viewer results for magnetic:
This graph shows how "magnetic" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for magnetic:
Quotes for magnetic:
Rhymes for magnetic:
- acetic, aesthetic, ascetic, athletic, cosmetic, emetic, frenetic.
- alphabetic, anesthetic, apathetic, arithmetic, diabetic, dietetic.
- apologetic, diamagnetic, epigenetic, ferromagnetic, geomagnetic.
- diuretic, empathetic, energetic, genetic, homiletic, hyperkinetic, kinesthetic, kinetic, paramagnetic, pathetic, peripatetic, phonetic, poetic, prophetic, prosthetic, sympathetic, synthetic, unsympathetic.
- electromagnetic, parasympathetic, parthenogenetic, unapologetic.
- How to spell magnetic?
- Correct spelling of magnetic.
- Spell check magnetic.
- How do u spell magnetic?