Definition of point:
- 1. A spot or small area. 2. A sharp end or apex. 3. A slight projection. 4. A limit, as the boiling point. 5. To make ready to open, said of an abscess the wall of which is becoming thin and is about to break. See also punctum.
- The sharp end of any instrument; the mark made by it: an indivisible part; that which has neither length, breadth nor thickness; a dot; a stop in punctuation; a spot; verge; exact place; degree; lace wrought by the needle; quality; peculiarity; subject; aim; the switch of a railway; a small cape or promontory; the sting of an epigram; a lively turn of thought; the gist of an argument; punctilio.
- To sharpen: to direct; to aim; to mark with stops; to mark with vowel- points; to fill joints with mortar, and smooth them with the point of a trowel.
- To direct the finger for designating an object; to indicate; to show distinctly by any means. To point at to treat with scorn.
Common misspellings for point:
piunt, poing, piont, ppint, poingt, poind, paoint, pois, popint, poni, pouint, poine, pooint, ponint, pnt, poinst, poinit, oitn, poinbt, pointout, poin, oints, pojnt, mpoint, ponit, proint, opint, poinmt, pont, poinjt, posint, spoint, poihnt, ppoint, oint, poibnt, poist, poiont, pioint, poiint, poit, poijnt, poient, rpoint, moint, opoint, porint, poiny, poite, poinnt, pointthe, pointly, pointm, pointis, poiut, pront, poitn, poink, poinht, poiht, pointn, epoint, ponts, poimnt, poiunt, vertice, stament, poont, pount, piot.
Google Ngram Viewer results for point:
Examples of usage for point:
Quotes for point:
- How to spell point?
- Correct spelling of point.
- Spell check point.
- How do u spell point?