Definition of press:
- To embrace.
- An instrument or machine by which any body is squeezed or forced into a more compact form; a machine for printing; the art or business of printing and publishing; literature, especially newspaper literature; a crowd; the act of urging or pushing forward; urgency; a closet for the safe keeping of things. Press of sail, as much sail as the state of the wind will possibly permit. Liberty of the press. See Liberty.
- To urge with force or weight; to squeeze; to crush; to hurry; to enforce; to hug; to force into service; to straiten; to constrain; to urge; to make smooth, as paper or cloth.
- To urge forward with force; to encroach; to crowd; to push with force.
Common misspellings for press:
Google Ngram Viewer results for press:
This graph shows how "press" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for press:
Quotes for press:
Rhymes for press:
- abs, bess, bless, ches, chess, cress, crests, dress, es, ess, esse, fess, fests, gess, gless, guess, guests, hess, hesse, jess, kess, les, less, mess, nes, ness, pless, ques, ress, s, stress, tess, tress, vess, wes, yes.
- abts, adss, cmos, hces, nevertheless, stds, tcas, ws.
- acquiesce, ccs, coalesce, convalesce, cps, cus, dispossess, dss, ers, ins, las, lcs, nonetheless, oas, pos, reassess, reinvests, repossess, uss, uys.
- address, aggress, assess, attests, caress, compress, confess, contests, depress, digests, digress, distress, divests, egress, ellesse, etess, excess, express, finesse, fluoresce, fs, impress, infests, invests, largesse, ls, molests, noblesse, obsess, oppress, possess, profess, progress, protests, recess, redress, regress, repress, requests, retests, success, suggests, suppress, transgress, ts, undress, unless, vs.
- How to spell press?
- Correct spelling of press.
- Spell check press.
- How do u spell press?