Definition of absence:
- the time interval during which something or somebody is away; " he visited during my absence"
- failure to be present
- the state of being absent; " he was surprised by the absence of any explanation"
- epilepsy characterized by paroxysmal attacks of brief clouding of consciousness ( a possible other abnormalities)
- Want; destitution; withdrawal.
- Inattention to things present; abstraction ( of mind); as, absence of mind.
- A state of being absent or withdrawn from a place or from companionship; - opposed to presence.
Common misspellings for absence:
- absense (59%)
- abscence (21%)
- abscense (4%)
- abcence (2%)