Definition of breed:
- Race or progeny from the same parents or stock; kind; a brood.
- To generate; to cause; to occasion; to produce; to form by education; to bring up; to rear.
- To bring forth young; to have birth; to be produced; to raise a breed. To breed in and in, to breed from animals of the same stock that are very nearly related.
Google Ngram Viewer results for breed:
This graph shows how "breed" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for breed:
Quotes for breed:
Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves. - Emily Bronte
Successful people breed success. - Phil Crosby
Rhymes for breed:
- accede, agreed, concede, decreed, degreed, elide, exceed, gilead.
- aristide, disagreed, guaranteed, intercede, overfeed.
- bead, bede, bleed, brede, cede, creed, dede, deed, ede, fede, feed, freed, fried, friede, greed, hamid, he'd, heed, impede, indeed, keyed, knead, kneed, lead, leed, lipide, mead, meade, misdeed, mislead, misread, nead, need, plead, precede, proceed, rasheed, rashid, read, recede, reed, reid, reread, reseed, saeed, screed, secede, seed, shaheed, she'd, skied, snead, sneed, speed, stampede, steed, succeed, supersede, swede, teed, tweed, waleed, walid, we'd, weed, wied.
- How to spell breed?
- Correct spelling of breed.
- Spell check breed.
- How do u spell breed?