Spell Check of chapel
Correct spelling: chapel
Definition of chapel:
1) a place of worship that has its own altar
2) a service conducted in a chapel; " he was late for chapel"
3) A subordinate place of worship
4) a small church, often a private foundation, as for a memorial
5) a small building attached to a church
6) a room or recess in a church, containing an altar.
7) A place of worship not connected with a church; as, the chapel of a palace, hospital, or prison.
8) In England, a place of worship used by dissenters from the Established Church; a meetinghouse.
9) A choir of singers, or an orchestra, attached to the court of a prince or nobleman.
10) A printing office, said to be so called because printing was first carried on in England in a chapel near Westminster Abbey.
11) An association of workmen in a printing office.
12) To deposit or inter in a chapel; to enshrine.
13) To cause ( a ship taken aback in a light breeze) so to turn or make a circuit as to recover, without bracing the yards, the same tack on which she had been sailing.
Common misspellings for chapel:
- chaple (54%)
- chappel (26%)
- chapell (5%)
- chape (3%)
- chaperl (3%)
Misspellings percentages are collected from over 15,411,110 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Chapel as a boy's name.