Definition of coincidence:
- the temporal property of two things happening at the same time; " the interval determining the coincidence gate is adjustable"
- an event that might have been arranged although it was really accidental
- the quality of occupying the same position or area in space; " he waited for the coincidence of the target and the cross hairs"
- The condition of occupying the same place in space; as, the coincidence of circles, surfaces, etc.
- The condition or fact of happening at the same time; as, the coincidence of the deaths of John Adams and Thomas Jefferson.
- Exact correspondence in nature, character, result, circumstances, etc.; concurrence; agreement.
Common misspellings for coincidence:
- coincedence (26%)
- coinsidence (15%)
- conincidence (4%)
- concidence (4%)
- coincidance (3%)
- coincidense (3%)
- coicidence (2%)
- coinsedence (2%)
- coincendence (2%)