Definition of crystal:
- a solid formed by the solidification of a chemical and having a highly regular atomic structure
- a protective cover that protects the face of a watch
- glassware made of quartz
- a crystalline element used as a component in various electronic devices
- a rock formed by the solidification of a substance; has regularly repeating internal structure; external plane faces
- colorless glass made of almost pure silica
- The regular form which a substance tends to assume in solidifying, through the inherent power of cohesive attraction. It is bounded by plane surfaces, symmetrically arranged, and each species of crystal has fixed axial ratios. See Crystallization.
- The material of quartz, in crystallization transparent or nearly so, and either colorless or slightly tinged with gray, or the like; -- called also rock crystal. Ornamental vessels are made of it. Cf. Smoky quartz, Pebble; also Brazilian pebble, under Brazilian.
- A species of glass, more perfect in its composition and manufacture than common glass, and often cut into ornamental forms. See Flint glass.
- The glass over the dial of a watch case.
- Anything resembling crystal, as clear water, etc.
- Consisting of, or like, crystal; clear; transparent; lucid; pellucid; crystalline.
Common misspellings for crystal:
- chrystal (16%)
- cristal (16%)
- cyrstal (15%)
- cystal (9%)
- crytal (9%)
- crystall (5%)
- crystle (4%)
- crstal (3%)
- christal (2%)
- crystel (2%)
Crystal \c-rys-tal, cr(y)-stal\
Crystal as a girl's name is pronounced KRISS-tal. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Crystal is "ice". 19th century coinage. A transparent quartz gemstone, usually colorless, that can be cut to reflect brilliant light. The TV series "Dynasty" made the name famous in the 1980s with a character named Krystle. Chrystal a variant spelling probably influenced by Greek "khrysos" meaning "gold". Cr- spellings are Spanish/Italian.
- Related names:
- Khrystal, Krystah, Krysta, Crystie, Crista, Chrysta, Crystabel, Crystin, Krystel, Kristal.
- Krystle, Christal, Christalle, Christel, Christella, Christelle, Chrystal, Chrystalle, Chrystalynn, Chrystel, Chrystle, Cristal, Cristalle, Cristalyn, Cristel, Cristella, Cristle, Crysta, Crystalann, Crystalina, Crystall, Chrystalla, Crystalyn, Crystalynn, Crystel, Crystell, Khristalle, Khrystle, Kristle, Krystal, Krystalle.