Definition of crystal:
- One of the figures of symmetrical shape assumed by certain salts and other chemical compounds.
- Consisting of crystal, or like crystal. Rock crystal, transparent or colourless quartz.
- An inorganic body, which, by the operation of affinity, has assumed the form of a regular solid, terminated by a certain number of plane and smooth surfaces; glass of a superior composition and manufacture; anything clear as crystal.
Common misspellings for crystal:
- chrystal (16%)
- cristal (16%)
- cyrstal (15%)
- cystal (9%)
- crytal (9%)
- crystall (5%)
- crystle (4%)
- crstal (3%)
- christal (2%)
- crystel (2%)
Crystal \c-rys-tal, cr(y)-stal\
Crystal as a girl's name is pronounced KRISS-tal. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Crystal is "ice". 19th century coinage. A transparent quartz gemstone, usually colorless, that can be cut to reflect brilliant light. The TV series "Dynasty" made the name famous in the 1980s with a character named Krystle. Chrystal a variant spelling probably influenced by Greek "khrysos" meaning "gold". Cr- spellings are Spanish/Italian.
- Related names:
- Khrystal, Krystah, Krysta, Crystie, Crista, Chrysta, Crystabel, Crystin, Krystel, Kristal.
- Krystle, Christal, Christalle, Christel, Christella, Christelle, Chrystal, Chrystalle, Chrystalynn, Chrystel, Chrystle, Cristal, Cristalle, Cristalyn, Cristel, Cristella, Cristle, Crysta, Crystalann, Crystalina, Crystall, Chrystalla, Crystalyn, Crystalynn, Crystel, Crystell, Khristalle, Khrystle, Kristle, Krystal, Krystalle.
Google Ngram Viewer results for crystal:
This graph shows how "crystal" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for crystal:
Quotes for crystal:
X -Ray crystallography is nowadays an accurate and rapid method of determining conformation in the crystal lattice, which conformation usually corresponds to the preferred conformation in solution. - Derek Harold Richard Barton
Rhymes for crystal:
- How to spell crystal?
- Correct spelling of crystal.
- Spell check crystal.
- How do u spell crystal?