Definition of double:
- A fold or plait.
- Twofold; two of a sort together; in pairs; twice as much; acting two parts, one openly, the other in secret.
- Twice. To double upon, to enclose between two fires. To double and twist, to add one thread to another and twist them together. Double- octave, an interval composed of fifteen notes in diatonic progression, and which for that reason is called a fifteenth.
- Twice as much; double- quick; a turn in running to escape pursuers; an artifice to deceive; a duplicate; matter set up twice.
- To fold; to multiply by two; to contain twice as much or as many; to repeat; to add one to another in the same order; to sail round, as a cape, so that the cape shall be between a ship and her former situation; to unite two ranks or files in one.
- To increase by twice the number, amount, & c., as to enlarge a wager to twice the sum laid; to turn back or wind in running, as a hare; to play tricks; to use sleights; to set up the same matter twice.
- In composition, two ways, or twice the number or quantity.
Common misspellings for double:
douyble, dubles, doulble, doudle, doublecheck, doul, doubek, doubkle, duble, douible, bouble, doublle, dounle, doub, dubble, doule, doublel, doeble, dobule, derule, dube, doiuble, dubel, dobuel, douldle, doble, doulbe, doubnle, dbl, dopuble, dubbel, douvle, duoble, doubl, doube, doubel, doulde, dobbel, doublr, douple, dobel, ddouble, doouble, dobble, dble, doulb, doublely, dueble, souble, deouble, doubble, dobul, doublelocked, ouble, drouble, doublt, couble.
Google Ngram Viewer results for double:
Examples of usage for double:
Quotes for double:
- How to spell double?
- Correct spelling of double.
- Spell check double.
- How do u spell double?