Definition of equilibrium:
- Poise, the condition of being evenly balanced; in a state of repose between two or more antagonistic forces which exactly counteract each other.
- Equipoise; equality of weight or force; a state of rest produced by the mutual counteraction of two or more forces; a condition of just poise or balance so as to stand firmly; when a figure or the parts balance; equal balancing or hesitation of the mind between motives or reasons. In equilibrio, in a state of equilibrium. See Equilibrate.
Common misspellings for equilibrium:
- equalibrium (31%)
- equlibrium (16%)
- equilbrium (9%)
- equillibrium (9%)
- equilibruim (5%)
- equilibrum (3%)
- equilibirum (2%)
- equaliberium (2%)
- equilibriam (2%)
Google Ngram Viewer results for equilibrium:
This graph shows how "equilibrium" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for equilibrium:
Such a momentous decision as this in the history of thought has not been reached without a long and protracted struggle extending back into the early days of Christianity, nor, it may be said, is the harmony as yet complete, for there are to- day, and perhaps always will be, human beings whose consciousness is not fully orbed and who either seek their point of equilibrium too entirely in the plane of mind or too entirely in the plane of spirit.
Quotes for equilibrium:
Rhymes for equilibrium:
- How to spell equilibrium?
- Correct spelling of equilibrium.
- Spell check equilibrium.
- How do u spell equilibrium?