Jock as a boy's name. Variant of Jacob (Hebrew) "he who supplants" or John (Hebrew) "God is gracious". Also a slang term for Scotsman. In America it can a slightly derogatory term for an athlete. Sportsman Jock Whitney.
- Related names:
- Wick, Jack, Jak, Jacky, Jacko, Jaco, Jacq, Wyck.
Google Ngram Viewer results for jock:
This graph shows how "jock" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for jock:
Quotes for jock:
I think all jocks have a sensitive side. It's just, will they show it to anybody? Will they let their guard down and stop being tough and the cool jock guy around their friends, or just relax? I don't know if it's best to say opening up, but just relax and really say what you're actually thinking, and not what you think people want to hear. - Channing Tatum
Rhymes for jock:
- antiknock, interlock, overstock.
- bach, bloc, bloch, block, blok, boch, bock, bok, broc, brock, brok, caulk, chalk, chock, chok, clock, croc, crock, doc, dock, floc, flock, frock, glock, haak, hoc, hoch, hock, jacques, kloc, knock, kok, kroc, krock, loch, lock, locke, lok, mach, mock, mok, nock, och, poch, pock, roc, roch, rock, schlock, shock, smock, sock, sok, spock, stock, tock, vlok, walk, wok.
- bangkok, iraq, isaak, o'clock, restock, undock, unlock.
- How to spell jock?
- Correct spelling of jock.
- Spell check jock.
- How do u spell jock?