Common misspellings for John:
john, jone, jonn, johm, johnn, jhon, johe, jh, jhn, johnita, jak, johnj, bret, jophn, 1john, joh, jonh, jj, joohn, joihn, johna, johhn, lj, johni, john1, joun, jon, johne, johh, jogn, jphn, jihn, joghn, hohn, john3, ohn, jojn, johgn, johyn.
- God is gracious
John as a boy's name is pronounced jahn. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of John is "God is gracious". Biblical: the name of the longest-lived of the 12 apostles, who was especially loved by Christ. Also the name of John the Baptist, who baptized Christ in the Jordan river. For a few examples, Jan is a Dutch and Slavic form; Janos is Czech; Joao is Portuguese; and the Johan variants are German and Swiss. Possibly the most popular name in history; kings, popes, saints, heroes, villains, and men of every degree between have borne the name. A contemporary trend seems to be to hyphenate Joh, Jean, Jon, Sean, and Shawn with various other names. Actors John Gielgud, John Barrymore, John Wayne, John Cusack, John Leguizamo, Johnny Depp; American Presidents John F. Kennedy, John Tyler, John Adams, John Quincy Adams; poet John Donne; Beatle John Lennon; composer Johannes Bach; football player John Elway; lawyer Johnnie Cochrane.
- Related names:
- Baptist, Battista, Chan, Dajon, Eoin, Evian, Gahan, Hovannes, Huon, Ieuan, Ioanis, Janak, Jones, Keon.
- Jonny, Jonn, Ion, Eon.
- Anno, Ean, Eian, Eion, Euan, Evan, Ewan, Ewen, Gian, Giannes, Gianni, Giannis, Giannos, Giovanni, Hannes, Hanno, Hans, Hanschen, Hansel, Hansl, Iain, Ian, Ioannes, Ioannis, Ivan, Ivann, Iwan, Jack, Jackie, Jacky, Jan, Jancsi, Janek, Janko, Janne, Janos, John-Patrick, Jean, Johnny, Heanno, Johnnie, Jeannot, Johnie, Jehan, Johon, Jenkin, Johnn, Jenkins, John-Michael, Jens, John-Carlo, Jian, Johannes, Jianni, Johann, Joannes, Johanan, Joao, Jon, Johan, Jock, John-Paul, Jocko.
Google Ngram Viewer results for John:
Examples of usage for John:
Quotes for John:
Obama's health care plan will be written by a committee whose head, John Conyers, says he doesn't understand it. It'll be passed by Congress that has not read it, signed by a president who smokes, funded by a Treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese, and financed by a country that's nearly broke. What could possibly go wrong? - Rush Limbaugh
Rhymes for John:
- alcon, alon, amman, anon, antoine, aton, bataan, baton, bhutan, c'mon, ceylon, chiffon, dejohn, dhahran, eldon, elston, evonne, fernand, forgone, gabon, galvan, golan, hassan, ilan, iran, javan, johan, kahan, koran, milan, nippon, odds-on, oman, oran, orran, saigon, salon, sichuan, sorbonne, stephane, taiwan, tehran, toran, upon, vivyan, walk-on, yuan, yvonne.
- bon, bonn, bonne, caan, caen, chon, conn, cron, don, donn, dwan, hahn, han, hon, jaan, jon, jonn, juan, kahn, khan, kon, kron, kuan, lian, lon, mon, non, on, pon, pran, rohn, ron, ronne, shon, sohn, sonn, spawn, swan, tonn, tron, wan, wann, won, xian, xuan, yon.
- cadogan, christiane, christianne, denouement, kazakhstan, moldovan, rapprochement, teheran, thereupon, whereupon.
- How to spell John?
- Correct spelling of John.
- Spell check John.
- How do u spell John?