Definition of may:
- the fifth month
May as a girl's name is pronounced may. It is of English origin, and the meaning of May is "the fifth month". The month of May was named for Maia, the Roman earth goddess. Also a short form of the names Matthew and Mary. Also a Sanskrit word meaning "illusion". See also Mai. Actress Mae West; writer Maya Angelou; poet May Sarton.
- Related names:
- September, Annemae, Claramae, Ellamae.
- Moya, Mayah, Miya, Miah, Mia, Mea, Mya, Maiya, Mo, Meya.
- Mae, Maia, Maj, Mala, Maya, Maye, Mei, Maelee, Maelynn, Mayana, Mayleen, Maylene.
Google Ngram Viewer results for may:
This graph shows how "may" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for may:
Quotes for may:
Unfortunately, we are still in an age where individuals may be discriminated against because of health conditions. - Lois Capps
Rhymes for may:
- aaa, attache, bouvier, bta, bua, cabaret, cabernet, cea, chevrolet, dak, disarray, disobey, ekk, faberge, fiance, intraday, ira, ita, jna, lyonnais, monterey, monterrey, overplay, overstay, perrier, piaget, underplay, underway, uva.
- abbe, allay, array, asay, astray, away, b-j, ballet, beauvais, belay, beret, betray, bombay, bouquet, buffet, cache, cafe, calais, carre, cathay, chalet, cliche, convey, crochet, croquet, da, decay, defray, delay, delray, dismay, display, dk, dossier, ek, essay, filet, fillet, ga, gervais, ha, halfway, hervey, hooray, hurray, jose, levey, mackay, macrae, manet, mccrea, mckay, mcveigh, millay, monet, moray, nikkei, nisei, o'shea, obey, oj, okay, olay, ole, orsay, parquet, passe, portray, prepay, puree, purvey, rene, renee, repay, replay, risque, saute, sergei, soiree, sorbet, souffle, survey, today, toupee, valet.
- ae, ay, bay, bey, blay, brae, bray, brey, ca, cay, che, clay, cray, dae, day, daye, de, dey, dray, drey, fay, faye, fe, fey, flay, fray, frey, gaye, gray, graye, grey, gway, hay, haye, hey, hwe, j, jae, jay, jaye, k, kay, kaye, khe, klay, lait, lay, lei, ley, mae, maye, mei, mey, nay, ne, neigh, nej, ney, pay, paye, pei, play, pray, prey, quai, quay, rae, ray, raye, re, rey, say, saye, se, shay, shea, slay, sleigh, spray, sta, stay, stray, sway, sze, tae, tay, they, tray, trey, vey, way, waye, wei, weigh, wey, whey, wray, wy, yay, yea.
- asea, cabriolet, ceta, communique, foia, hiaa, naivete, noaa.
Idioms for may:
- How to spell may?
- Correct spelling of may.
- Spell check may.
- How do u spell may?