Common misspellings for monroe:
Monroe \m(o)-nroe, mon-roe\
- mouth of the river Rotha, in Ireland
Monroe as a boy's name is pronounced mun-ROH. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Monroe is "mouth of the river Rotha, in Ireland". Originated as a surname for those who lived near the river's mouth. The fifth American President, James Monroe (19th century), was known for his Monroe Doctrine, which by forbidding foreign interference in the Americas, helped define the new country's place in the world. Novelist H.H. Munro.
- Minor, Menor, Mynor.
- Munroe, Monro, Munro.
Google Ngram Viewer results for monroe:
This graph shows how "monroe" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for monroe:
With your eyes peppered with dust, with your ears full of the clatter of the Elevated Road, and with the prairie breezes playfully buffeting you and waltzing with you by turns, as they eddy through the ravines of Madison, Monroe, or Adams- street, you take your life in your hand when you attempt the crossing of State- street, with its endless stream of rattling waggons and clanging trolley- cars. "America To-day, Observations and Reflections" , William Archer.
Quotes for monroe:
Rhymes for monroe:
- aglow, ago, although, arnaud, arnault, miro, pernod, renault.
- apropos, eeo, imo, ivo, overflow, taekwondo.
- au, aux, beau, beaux, below, bestow, bio, blow, bo, boe, bordeaux, bow, bowe, bro, cabo, chateau, chateaux, chau, cho, cloe, co, coe, cousteau, cro, crow, dau, defoe, devaux, doe, doh, dough, eau, escoe, escrow, flo, floe, flow, foe, forego, forgo, fro, gau, giraud, glo, gloe, glow, go, goe, gogh, goh, gro, grow, hello, ho, hoe, hoh, inco, jo, joe, joh, kayo, know, ko, koh, kowtow, kyo, lo, loe, loew, loewe, loh, low, lowe, luo, marceau, margaux, mau, mo, moe, mow, munro, nau, ngo, noe, noh, nouveau, o', oh, outgrow, ow, owe, papo, perot, peugeot, plateau, plough, poe, poh, pro, quo, renaud, rho, rideau, ro, roe, roh, rondeau, rouleau, row, rowe, sew, sgro, show, sloe, slow, snow, so, so-so, sow, stow, stowe, strow, tableau, tableaux, tallyho, tarot, thibault, tho, thoreau, though, throw, toe, tow, trow, truffaut, tso, turbot, tyo, undergo, uno, vo, whoa, wo, woe, yau, yo, yoe, yoh, zoh.
- How to spell monroe?
- Correct spelling of monroe.
- Spell check monroe.
- How do u spell monroe?