Definition of play:
- Any exercise or series of actions intended for pleasure or diversion, as billiards, cricket, & c.; amusement; game; practice in any contest; action; a dramatic composition; dramatic performance; performance on a musical instrument; motion; room for motion; liberty of action; scope.
- To put in action or motion; to use an instrument of music; to act; to perform in character or in a contest. To play off, to display. To play upon, to deceive.
- To do something, not as a task or for profit, but as amusement; to sport; to frolic; to toy; to trifle; to contend in a game; to perform on a musical instrument; to act; to act a part on the stage.
Common misspellings for play:
relly, plaly, poay, blay, pla, pkay, plkay, aply, pley, aplay, playdough, playy, palay, playt, plalce, plar, oplay, plasy, plsy, plau, olay, polay, pplay, plany, lpay, playd, plaay, playe, plya, placy, playr, eplay, plpay, plack, play.
Google Ngram Viewer results for play:
Examples of usage for play:
Quotes for play:
Rhymes for play:
- aaa, attache, bouvier, bta, bua, cabaret, cabernet, cea, chevrolet, dak, disarray, disobey, ekk, faberge, fiance, intraday, ira, ita, jna, lyonnais, monterey, monterrey, overplay, overstay, perrier, piaget, underplay, underway, uva.
- abbe, allay, array, asay, astray, away, b-j, ballet, beauvais, belay, beret, betray, bombay, bouquet, buffet, cache, cafe, calais, carre, cathay, chalet, cliche, convey, crochet, croquet, da, decay, defray, delay, delray, dismay, display, dk, dossier, ek, essay, filet, fillet, ga, gervais, ha, halfway, hervey, hooray, hurray, jose, levey, mackay, macrae, manet, mccrea, mckay, mcveigh, millay, monet, moray, nikkei, nisei, o'shea, obey, oj, okay, olay, ole, orsay, parquet, passe, portray, prepay, puree, purvey, rene, renee, repay, replay, risque, saute, sergei, soiree, sorbet, souffle, survey, today, toupee, valet.
- ae, ay, bay, bey, blay, brae, bray, brey, ca, cay, che, clay, cray, dae, day, daye, de, dey, dray, drey, fay, faye, fe, fey, flay, fray, frey, gaye, gray, graye, grey, gway, hay, haye, hey, hwe, j, jae, jay, jaye, k, kay, kaye, khe, klay, lait, lay, lei, ley, mae, may, maye, mei, mey, nay, ne, neigh, nej, ney, pay, paye, pei, pray, prey, quai, quay, rae, ray, raye, re, rey, say, saye, se, shay, shea, slay, sleigh, spray, sta, stay, stray, sway, sze, tae, tay, they, tray, trey, vey, way, waye, wei, weigh, wey, whey, wray, wy, yay, yea.
- asea, cabriolet, ceta, communique, foia, hiaa, naivete, noaa.
Idioms for play:
- How to spell play?
- Correct spelling of play.
- Spell check play.
- How do u spell play?