Definition of present:
- To precede or appear first at the os uteri, said of the part of the fetus which is felt by the examining finger of the accoucheur.
- Being in a certain place; being before the face or near; being now in view or under consideration; being at this time; ready at hand; favourably attentive; not absent in mind. Present tense, the form of a verb which expresses action or being in the present time. The present, the present time.
- What is written in a deed of conveyance or other instrument.
- A donation or gift.
- To Introduce into the presence of a superior; to exhibit; to give; to offer; to point, as a gun, to another; to nominate to an ecclesiastical benefice; to lay before a public body or a court; to indict. To present arms, to hold them out in token of respect.
Common misspellings for present:
pressent, prezint, reperesent, prest, prasent, pressant, presnt, perasent, precent, basent, presensts, presentl, presente, presant, persnt, pleasent, pesent, presdent, preasent, prsent, persent, plesent, presaent, preseant, presint, presient, ptresent, prseant, presnts, oresent, prestnt, epresent, presont, prent, prersent, presentr, perset, propr, presennt, presants, definatley, preasant, presentate, aviable, presentm, presnet, presetn, prresent, spreaded, prestn, prestent, prisent, pregent, presesnt, presend, presento, prsesent, prseent, presenta, rpesent, presenst, fauture, presentated, presen, peasent, opresent, perent, peresent, presenty, prsented, prescent, preesent, prestmet, presemt, presnte, prosent, presentating, prezent, presenet, curent, repsent, prazent, prsenet, resetn, presnert, presernt, preent, peasnt, presentthe, respent, prezents, presnent, preasnt, prenet, prensent, presnets, reasent, presenets, presentent, preseent, presednt.
Google Ngram Viewer results for present:
Examples of usage for present:
Quotes for present:
The difficulty with the present state of affairs is that there is no legislation on the sources of funding for the Polish film industry. There is no legislation concerning filmmaking. And, there is no legislation on television that would be beneficial to filmmaking. - Andrzej Wajda
Rhymes for present:
- accent, ascent, assent, augment, besant, cement, consent, content, peasant, pheasant, pleasant.
- bendt, bent, bente, brent, cent, dement, dent, dente, descent, dissent, event, extent, fent, ferment, gent, ghent, indent, intent, invent, kent, lament, lent, meant, mente, misspent, pent, percent, prevent, relent, rent, repent, represent, resent, scent, segment, sent, spent, stent, supplement, tashkent, tent, torment, trent, underwent, unsent, unspent, vent, went.
- circumvent, discontent, malcontent, nonevent, occident, overspent, reinvent, unpleasant.
- misrepresent, omnipresent.
Idioms for present:
- How to spell present?
- Correct spelling of present.
- Spell check present.
- How do u spell present?