Definition of rate:
- The proportion or standard by which quantity or value is adjusted; price fixed or stated; settled allowance; degree; degree of value; a tax; the order or class of a ship.
- To value; to estimate; to fix the grade of.
- To chide with vehemence; to reprove.
- To be considered in a class; to make an estimate.
Common misspellings for rate:
Google Ngram Viewer results for rate:
This graph shows how "rate" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for rate:
At any rate, it's too late now." "A Fearful Responsibility and Other Stories" , William D. Howells.
Quotes for rate:
Here's the truth. The proposed top rate of income tax is not 50 per cent. It is 50 per cent plus 1. 5 per cent national insurance paid by employees plus 13. 3 per cent paid by employers. That's not 50 per cent. Two years from now, Britain will have the highest tax rate on earned income of any developed country. - Andrew Lloyd Webber
Rhymes for rate:
- abate, await, belate, berate, collate, conflate, create, debate, deflate, dictate, dilate, elate, equate, est, estate, gestate, inflate, innate, irate, kuwait, lightweight, misstate, negate, oblate, ornate, postdate, predate, prorate, reflate, relate, restate, sedate, translate, tri-state, update, upstate.
- ate, aydt, bait, bate, cate, chait, crate, date, eight, fait, fate, fete, freight, gait, gate, grate, great, hait, hate, kate, late, mate, nate, pait, pate, plait, plate, prate, rait, sate, skate, slate, spate, speight, state, straight, strait, streight, tait, taitt, tate, trait, wait, waite, wayt, weight.
- conjugate, desecrate, interstate, intrastate, overrate, overweight, procreate, reinstate, silverplate, solid-state, underrate.
- demodulate, interrelate, recriminate, remunerate.
- How to spell rate?
- Correct spelling of rate.
- Spell check rate.
- How do u spell rate?