Definition of saturation:
- 1. Impregnation of one substance by another to the greatest possible degree, as a liquid by a soluble salt or the atmosphere by vapor. 2. Neutralization, as of an acid by an alkali. 3. In optics, see saturated color under saturate.
- The act of saturating; the state of being saturated; impregnation of one body with another till the receiving body can contain no more.
Common misspellings for saturation:
Google Ngram Viewer results for saturation:
This graph shows how "saturation" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for saturation:
And similarly for all states of the atmosphere with respect to moisture, cooling to a sufficient extent causes deposition of water to commence immediately below the saturation temperature, and the colder the air becomes afterwards the greater the amount which settles out. "Liquid Drops and Globules, their Formation and Movements" , Chas. R. Darling.
But in every instance it is necessary that the air shall be cooled below its saturation point before the separation can commence; and keeping this fact in mind we can now proceed to demonstrate the production of mists and fogs. "Liquid Drops and Globules, their Formation and Movements" , Chas. R. Darling.
And so in nature, the mists are formed by the cooling of the atmosphere by contact with the surface, until, after the saturation point is reached, the surplus moisture settles out in the form of tiny spheres, which float near the surface, and are dissipated when the sun warms up the ground and the misty air, and thus enables the water again to be held as vapour. "Liquid Drops and Globules, their Formation and Movements" , Chas. R. Darling.
Rhymes for saturation:
- abbreviation, abomination, acceleration, accommodation, accreditation.
- abdication, aberration, abrogation, acclimation, accusation, activation.
- accumulation, adaptation, adjudication, admiration, adoration, adulation, advocation, affectation, affiliation, affirmation, affrication, agglomeration, aggravation, agitation, alienation, allegation, alleviation, allocation, alteration, altercation, amalgamation, amelioration, amortization, amplification, amputation, animation, annexation, annihilation, annotation, anticipation, appalachian, appellation, application, appreciation, approbation, appropriation, approximation, arbitration, argumentation, articulation, aspiration, assassination, assimilation, association, augmentation, authentication, authorization, automation, aviation, avocation, backwardation, balkanization, bifurcation, calculation, calibration, cancellation, capitulation, categorization, celebration, centralization, certification, characterization, christianization, civilization, clarification, classification, coagulation, codification, cogitation, cohabitation, collaboration, collectivization, colonization, coloration, combination, commemoration, commendation, commercialization, communication, communization, compensation, compilation, complication, computation, computerization, concatenation, concentration, conciliation, condemnation, condensation, confabulation, confederation, configuration, confirmation, confiscation, conflagration, confrontation, conglomeration, congratulation, congregation, conjugation, connotation, consecration, conservation, consideration, consolation, consolidation, constellation, consternation, constipation, consultation, consummation, contamination, contemplation, continuation, conversation, convocation, cooperation, coordination, coronation, corp, corporation, correlation, corroboration, creation, cremation, criminalization, croatian, crustacean, culmination, cultivation, dalmatian, damnation, decapitation, deceleration, decentralization, decertification, declaration, decontamination, decoration, dedication, defamation, deflation, deforestation, deformation, degeneration, degradation, dehumanization, dehydration, deification, delegation, deliberation, delineation, demarcation, demobilization, democratization, demodulation, demonization, demonstration, demoralization, denationalization, denomination, denunciation, depopulation, deportation, depravation, depreciation, depredation, deprivation, deregulation, derivation, desalination, desalinization, desecration, desegregation, desiccation, designation, desolation, desperation, destabilization, destination, determination, detonation, detoxification, devaluation, devastation, deviation, dictation, differentiation, dilatation, dilation, discoloration, discontinuation, discrimination, disembarkation, disinclination, disinflation, disinformation, disintegration, dislocation, disorganization, disorientation, dispensation, disputation, disqualification, dissemination, dissertation, dissipation, dissociation, distillation, diversification, divination, documentation, domestication, domination, donation, dramatization, duplication, duration, echolocation, edification, education, ejaculation, elaboration, elation, electrification, elevation, elimination, elongation, emanation, emancipation, embarkation, emigration, emulation, enumeration, equalization, equitation, equivocation, eradication, escalation, estimation, evacuation, evaluation, evaporation, evocation, exacerbation, exaggeration, examination, exasperation, excavation, excitation, exclamation, excommunication, exfoliation, exhalation, exhilaration, exhortation, exhumation, exoneration, expatriation, expectation, experimentation, expiration, explanation, explication, exploitation, exploration, expropriation, extermination, extrapolation, fabrication, facilitation, falsification, fascination, federation, fermentation, fertilization, fibrillation, figuration, filtration, fixation, flirtation, flotation, fluctuation, fluoridation, foliation, formation, formulation, fortification, foundation, fragmentation, frustration, fumigation, gasification, gastrulation, generalization, generation, gentrification, germination, gestation, glaciation, globalization, glorification, gradation, graduation, granulation, gratification, gravitation, gyration, habitation, hallucination, harmonization, hesitation, hibernation, horatian, hospitalization, humiliation, hybridization, hydration, hydrogenation, hyperinflation, identification, illumination, illustration, imagination, imitation, immigration, immunization, impersonation, implantation, implementation, implication, importation, impregnation, improvisation, imputation, inactivation, inauguration, incantation, incapacitation, incarceration, incarnation, inclination, incoordination, incorporation, incrimination, incrustation, incubation, indemnification, indentation, indexation, indication, indignation, indoctrination, industrialization, infatuation, infestation, infiltration, inflammation, inflation, information, inhabitation, inhalation, initiation, innovation, inoculation, insemination, insinuation, inspiration, installation, instigation, instrumentation, insubordination, insulation, integration, intensification, interpretation, interrogation, intimation, intimidation, intonation, intoxication, inundation, invalidation, investigation, invitation, invocation, ionization, irradiation, irrigation, irritation, isolation, jubilation, justification, laceration, lactation, legalization, legislation, levitation, liberalization, liberation, libration, ligation, limitation, liquidation, litigation, localization, location, lubrication, machination, magnetization, magnification, malformation, manifestation, manipulation, marginalization, masturbation, maturation, maximization, mechanization, mediation, medication, meditation, menstruation, migration, mineralization, miniaturization, ministration, misapplication, misappropriation, miscalculation, miscommunication, miscreation, miseration, misidentification, misinformation, misinterpretation, misrepresentation, mitigation, mobilization, moderation, modernization, modification, modulation, molestation, monopolization, motivation, multiplication, mummification, mutation, mutilation, narration, nationalization, naturalization, navigation, negation, negotiation, neutralization, nitration, nomination, nondiscrimination, nonproliferation, normalization, notation, notification, nucleation, nullification, obfuscation, obligation, observation, occupation, operation, optation, optimization, oration, orchestration, ordination, organisation, organization, orientation, origination, ornamentation, oscillation, ossification, ostentation, ovation, overpopulation, overvaluation, ovulation, oxidation, pacification, pagination, palpitation, participation, pasteurization, perforation, permutation, perpetuation, personalization, personification, perspiration, perturbation, pigmentation, plantation, polarization, politicization, pollination, pontification, popularization, population, precipitation, predestination, prefabrication, premeditation, preoccupation, preparation, presentation, preservation, pressurization, privation, privatisation, privatization, probation, proclamation, procrastination, procreation, profanation, prognostication, proliferation, pronunciation, propagation, proration, prostration, protestation, provocation, publication, punctuation, purification, qualification, quantification, quotation, radiation, ramification, ratification, rationalization, reaffiliation, reaffirmation, realization, reallocation, reauthorization, recalculation, recantation, recertification, recitation, reclamation, reclassification, recommendation, reconciliation, reconfiguration, reconfirmation, reconsideration, recreation, recrimination, rectification, recuperation, redecoration, rededication, reevaluation, reexamination, reflation, reforestation, reformation, refrigeration, refutation, regeneration, regimentation, registration, regulation, rehabilitation, rehydration, reincarnation, reinterpretation, reinvigoration, reiteration, rejuvenation, relation, relaxation, relocation, remediation, remuneration, renegotiation, renomination, renovation, renunciation, reorganization, reparation, repatriation, replication, representation, repudiation, reputation, reservation, resignation, respiration, restoration, resuscitation, retaliation, retardation, reunification, revaluation, revelation, reverberation, revitalization, revocation, rotation, rumination, russification, salvation, sanctification, sanitation, saponification, sarmatian, securitization, sedation, sedimentation, segmentation, segregation, self-congratulation, sensation, separation, sequestration, simplification, simulation, situation, socialization, solicitation, sophistication, specialization, specification, speculation, stabilization, stagflation, stagnation, stalinization, standardization, starvation, sterilization, stimulation, stipulation, strangulation, subluxation, subordination, subsidization, substantiation, suburbanization, suffocation, summation, syndication, tabulation, taxation, telecommunication, temptation, termination, titillation, toleration, transformation, transillumination, translation, transplantation, transportation, trepidation, triangulation, tribulation, undervaluation, unification, unionization, urbanization, usurpation, utilization, vacation, vaccination, vacillation, validation, valuation, vaporization, variation, vegetation, ventilation, verification, vibration, victimization, vilification, vindication, violation, visitation, visualization, vocation, vulgarization, westernization.
- acidification, alphabetization, cannibalization, capitalization.
- alsatian, carnation, castration, causation, cessation, cetacean, citation.
- americanization, antidiscrimination, decriminalization, demilitarization.
- haitian, nation, ration, station.
- institutionalization, internationalization.
- How to spell saturation?
- Correct spelling of saturation.
- Spell check saturation.
- How do u spell saturation?