Shea as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Shea), is pronounced shay. It is of Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Shea is "admirable". From Seaghdha. Also possibly "from the fairy fort". Surname occasionally used as a given name or middle name.
- Shaw, Shia, Che.
- Shays, Shai, Shay, Shae, Shaye, Shaylon.
Shea as a girl's name (also used as boy's name Shea), is pronounced shay. It is of Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Shea is "admirable". Also possibly (Irish, Gaelic) "from the fairy fort". Basketball player Shea Ralph.
- Shaya, She-, Sha-.
- Shay, Shaylyn, Shae, Shaelee, Shayda, Shaye, Shayla, Shaylee.
Google Ngram Viewer results for Shea:
This graph shows how "Shea" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for Shea:
Newfoundland had the advantage of being represented by Mr. Frederick B. T. Carter, then speaker of the house of assembly, and by Mr. Ambrose Shea, also a distinguished politician of the great island. "Canada under British Rule 1760-1900" , John G. Bourinot.
Rhymes for Shea:
- aaa, attache, bouvier, bta, bua, cabaret, cabernet, cea, chevrolet, dak, disarray, disobey, ekk, faberge, fiance, intraday, ira, ita, jna, lyonnais, monterey, monterrey, overplay, overstay, perrier, piaget, underplay, underway, uva.
- abbe, allay, array, asay, astray, away, b-j, ballet, beauvais, belay, beret, betray, bombay, bouquet, buffet, cache, cafe, calais, carre, cathay, chalet, cliche, convey, crochet, croquet, da, decay, defray, delay, delray, dismay, display, dk, dossier, ek, essay, filet, fillet, ga, gervais, ha, halfway, hervey, hooray, hurray, jose, levey, mackay, macrae, manet, mccrea, mckay, mcveigh, millay, monet, moray, nikkei, nisei, o'shea, obey, oj, okay, olay, ole, orsay, parquet, passe, portray, prepay, puree, purvey, rene, renee, repay, replay, risque, saute, sergei, soiree, sorbet, souffle, survey, today, toupee, valet.
- ae, ay, bay, bey, blay, brae, bray, brey, ca, cay, che, clay, cray, dae, day, daye, de, dey, dray, drey, fay, faye, fe, fey, flay, fray, frey, gaye, gray, graye, grey, gway, hay, haye, hey, hwe, j, jae, jay, jaye, k, kay, kaye, khe, klay, lait, lay, lei, ley, mae, may, maye, mei, mey, nay, ne, neigh, nej, ney, pay, paye, pei, play, pray, prey, quai, quay, rae, ray, raye, re, rey, say, saye, se, shay, slay, sleigh, spray, sta, stay, stray, sway, sze, tae, tay, they, tray, trey, vey, way, waye, wei, weigh, wey, whey, wray, wy, yay, yea.
- asea, cabriolet, ceta, communique, foia, hiaa, naivete, noaa.
- How to spell Shea?
- Correct spelling of Shea.
- Spell check Shea.
- How do u spell Shea?